We have the greatest respect for your privacy and give special attention to the confidentiality of information submitted to us when you visit our websites (current and future websites, owned or operated by ICECREAM APPS, and/or for which we currently or in the future provides services and/or products, hereinafter – the "Site" or "Sites") or otherwise communicate or interact with us.
1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
1.5 This Policy, including its construction, method of adoption, performing, amending, and termination is subject to the legislation of the Republic of Cyprus.
1.6 Resume Trick operates internationally, and we have various computer systems that are currently based globally. This Policy notifies you that your personal information may be stored and processed in the Republic of Cyprus and elsewhere by us, our affiliates, or an unaffiliated service provider. By creating an account with us you are authorizing the collection, storage, and/or processing of your personal information and the use of tracking technologies/cookies in the Republic of Cyprus and other countries.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION
2.1 When you sign up to be a User of Resume Trick, you provide us with basic information, and any other personal details you want to include in your resume, cover letter, or CV to help Resume Trick provide you assistance in your job search. Personal information includes but is not limited to name (pseudonym or nickname), gender, birthdate, current address, email address, telephone number (e.g., in cases when you request individual technical support or assistance), and any other information from which your identity is discernible.
For resume-building purposes, Resume Trick may also request to share information regarding your education and employment history, professional skills, and network connection. You may also be asked for billing details for purchases (preference categories and other types of preference-related advertising), payment methods, payment currencies, or other payment data. Our recommendation is that you keep the data in your account up-to-date at all times.
2.2 For website personalization, we also gather information about the areas you visit and the services you utilize, the devices you use to access our Sites (desktop and mobile); this may include the IP address and other geolocation data, browser type, and version, operating system, and system language, referring website, time of access and other data.
2.3 ICECREAM APPS processes the personal information that the User provides about themselves by filling out respective forms. For example, when subscribing to email newsletters, contacting us for technical support, or via feedback forms, etc. We may set out the requirements for the information that is mandatory to provide the User with our services. If some information is not marked by ICECREAM APPS as mandatorily required, the User may submit or disclose such information at their own discretion.
2.4 By registering with Resume Trick, by managing your profile, or expressly opting in when presented with choices, you have consented for us to. We will use your information, subject to local law, in the following ways: to allow you to sign up for an account; to create a profile for you based on information that you have provided to us; to contact you about site updates, informational and service-related communications, including important security updates; to provide you additional communications, information, and promotions such as newsletters and career advice; to inform you of other products or services available; and to enable you to provide feedback, to contact us and for us to respond to you.
- We process user data exclusively for the purposes and according to the methods provided when the data was collected.
- We store your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- We use the collected data for purposes in addition to those for which it was released only when the user has expressly consented.
- We let third parties access the provided data exclusively for the purposes of performing the service requested and within the context of appointing a data processor or additional controller.
- We do not disclose the data, assign or transfer it to third parties for their own processing unless the User has been informed in advance and has given their consent. We do not share, sell, rent, or trade Users’ personal information with parties for their promotional purposes.
- We use the information we gather on the Resume Trick website, whether personal, demographic, collective, or technical, for the purpose of operating and improving the Resume Trick service, enhancing the user’s experience, and delivering the products and services that we offer.
- We may also use your information to respond to you, regarding requests for canceling, changing, or other reason(s) you contacted us for.
- We ensure proper and lawful data management.
- We safeguard the privacy of users and apply appropriate security measures to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the data provided.
2.6 If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws, but no longer than reasonably necessary in light of the purposes above.
2.7 If the information submitted by you contains personal data, by using our Site, services, or products or by providing personal information to us, you freely and voluntarily grant ICECREAM APPS written informed consent to process that data for the purposes defined by this Policy. This includes any action (operation) or sequence of actions (operations) performed with or without using automated tools: collecting, recording, sorting, accumulating, storing, specifying (updating, changing), withdrawing, using, transferring (distributing, providing, accessing) information to third parties, including cross-border transfer to other jurisdictions, disclosing or making available, anonymization, restriction, blocking, deleting, and destruction of personal data. The consent can be revoked at any time with immediate effect for the future by emailing us at email@example.com.
2.8 All the files that are being uploaded to or generated with our Site will be kept on our servers as long as they are needed. Data of users with paid accounts are not deleted, they are stored until they are deleted by the user. You might want to sign in to your account after a couple of months to update your job application when looking for a new job. We do not share or provide access to these files to third-party websites or persons.
2.9 ICECREAM APPS does not collect sensitive personal data. Unless required by law, we do not/will not collect or process any types of sensitive data, such as sexual preferences, religion, political views, or health conditions.
2.10 Persons under the age of 13 should not transfer personal information to us unless they have verifiable permission from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s). Our Site, products, and services are intended for users who are 13 years of age and older. We do not knowingly collect such data, but if a parent, guardian, or anyone else becomes aware of personal information we have collected from an individual under the age of 13, please contact us.
2.11 Your personal data is protected by legal rights, which include your right to request access to your personal data; object to or restrict our processing of your personal data; request that your personal data be erased or corrected; export your data in a machine-readable format; transmit those data to another controller. For more information or to exercise your data protection rights, please contact us using the contact details below. You can always update or delete your personal information on our Sites. If at any time you would like us to delete or change any of your personal information, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
3.1 ICECREAM APPS uses Personal information for the following purposes:
- Identification of the User in the course of fulfilling our obligations under the agreements with the User;
- Communication with the User for the purposes of informational support and improvement of the Site, including notification through third parties;
- Distribution of advertising materials of ICECREAM APPS and/or third parties among Users as the targeted audience;
- Targeting of advertising and/or informational materials.
3.2 We may share Personal information with service providers that provide services on our behalf when it is necessary for the provision of such services within the limits of the purposes listed above.
4. USE OF ANONYMIZED DATA
4.1 When you use the Site, anonymized data may be transmitted automatically to ICECREAM APPS. The data transmitted includes but is not limited to your IP address, location (country, area, city), browser version, traffic source, hardware model and other device-specific information, operating system version, unique device identifiers, statistical information about your actions on the Site use, statistical information about the data that is being sent and received via the Site. We use anonymized data for the following purposes:
- Improvement of the Site;
- Communication with the User for the purposes of informational support and improvement of the Site, including notification through third parties;
- Distribution of advertising materials of ICECREAM APPS and/or third parties among Users as targeted audience;
- Targeting of advertising and/or informational materials by age, gender, or other attributes;
- Marketing, statistics, and other research based on anonymized data.
4.2 ICECREAM APPS may provide anonymized data to service providers that provide services on our behalf when it is necessary for the provision of such services within the limits of the purposes listed above.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or other device when you visit our Site. This allows the Site to recognize you as a user either for the duration of your visit (using a ‘session cookie’) or for repeat visits (a ‘persistent cookie’). They are not harmful and do not contain any information such as your home address, date of birth, or credit card details.
The cookies we use fall into four broad types:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential for helping you to navigate our Site and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the Internet.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies
To keep the Site, services, and products relevant, easy to use, and up to date, we use web analytics services to help us understand how people use our Site. For example, we can see which parts of the Site are most popular, identify when errors occur, and test different versions of a page or feature to see which one works best.
- Functionality Cookies
These cookies allow websites to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language, or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymized which means we cannot identify you personally. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for selling, advertising, or remembering where you have been on the Internet, but help us provide advertising that is more relevant to you.
The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous to any external third party, and your account security is never compromised. For information on how to disable cookies, please consult the "Help" tab of your browser via the menu bar. Should you need any help, please contact us via email below.
5. USER’S CONSENT TO RECEIVING INFORMATION FROM ICECREAM APPS
5.1 Our Site offers news and information regarding our products by subscription, including email newsletters. If you decide to subscribe to these services, you may be asked to provide your email address. By doing so, you agree to receive emails from us with information about updates and any other information related to the Site, as well as other types of information from us, including advertisements. We may use the information you provide to help develop content that is relevant to our users. You are free to cancel your subscription(s) at any time.
5.2 To cancel your subscription, follow the instructions at the bottom of the letter or email us at email@example.com and request the deletion of your data from the mailing list. In this case, we will keep your Personal information in its database, but will not contact you unless you change your mind on this issue.
6. CONFIDENTIALITY OF USER INFORMATION
6.1 ICECREAM APPS stores information of Users and takes necessary and sufficient organizational and technical security measures of protection from unauthorized access and disclosure in compliance with internal rules and procedures (including GDPR).
6.2 We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that all your activities on the Internet are 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, the transmission of information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
6.3 We maintain administrative and technical safeguards for the protection of personal information. These safeguards include the following:
- Administrative safeguards: Access to the personal data of users is limited to authorized personnel who have a legitimate need to know based on their job descriptions — for example, employees who provide technical support to end users. All such data is subject to password protection.
- Technical safeguards: Access to user information in our database is limited by “exact search“ to guarantee only purposeful data usage.
7. THIRD PARTIES
7.1 To facilitate marketing, Site support, and development ICECREAM APPS uses the services of third parties. Some types of third parties with whom we share your data are:
- IT companies: we work with businesses that support our website and other business systems.
- Marketing companies: we work with marketing companies that help us manage our electronic communications with you.
- Payment processing: we work with trusted third-party payment processing providers in order to securely take and manage payments.
Here is the list of third-party companies we are cooperating with for business purposes:
We use Brevo for newsletters and marketing emails. Through Brevo, we track emails, including who opens the emails and who clicks on which link.
We use Avangate B.V. (www.avangate.com) for processing secured payments for purchases made on the Site. The entire purchase process is managed by Avangate, who acts as ICECREAM APPS’s authorized merchant and reseller. By making a purchase on the RESUMETRICK.COM website via Avangate, you authorize ICECREAM APPS to use Avangate to process your transactions and to transfer personal information to them, but only to the extent needed to complete the transaction and manage your purchases. No credit card information is ever stored on servers controlled by us. Avangate has our permission to store, on our behalf, the data pertaining to the executed transactions by customers of the website (including credit card information) with the goal of ensuring a secure method of payment and proof of purchase archive, allowing for the protection of our customers, and for follow-up as needed. This transactional data may be used for validation and registration purposes of our customers, and to trace any fraudulent activities if necessary.
We use Groove HQ as our support ticket system to provide a better user support experience.
We use Olark as an online support chat provider.
8. OTHER DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
8.1 ICECREAM APPS may disclose Personal information to third parties in the following cases:
- At the User’s expressed consent to such disclosure.
- The transfer of ICECREAM APPS’s assets to possession, use, or ownership of a third party including assignment of rights under the executed agreements with the User to such third party.
- At the request of a court or other authorized governmental agency to the extent required under applicable legislation.
- For the purpose of protection of ICECREAM APPS' rights with respect to the breach of agreements executed with the User.
8.2 Our Services offer you the ability to register and log in using your third-party social media account details. Should you choose to do this, we may receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile Information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, email address, friends list, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public.
9.2 A new version of the Policy is effective from the moment of its publication unless specified otherwise by such a new version of the Policy.
9.3 The currently effective version of the Policy is available at the Resume Trick site at RESUMETRICK.COM.
We highly value your trust and are always ready to answer your questions about the handling of your personal data.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Icecream Apps Ltd
Agias Phylaxeos, 182, Kofteros Business Center, 201
3083, Limassol, Cyprus