TERMS OF SERVICE
Updated: August 1, 2023
Thank you for choosing Resume Trick to create your resume and cover letter. This website and platform ("Service", "Site", "Website") are provided by Icecream Apps Limited, Cyprus ("us", "we", "our", "provider", "provider group").
By accessing the website at https://resumetrick.com/ you will be deemed to have irrevocably agreed to the terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. Some areas of this Site may be subject to additional terms and conditions, which you should read carefully before making any use of those areas.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ALL OF THESE TERMS (INCLUDING ANY SUPPLEMENTAL TERMS), THEN YOU ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED FROM USING THE SERVICE AND YOU MUST DISCONTINUE USE IMMEDIATELY.
INDEMNITY: You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Resume Trick, its affiliates and their officers, directors, agents, and employees harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising from or related to your user content, use of the Site, or violation of any of these Terms.
This website is intended for a general adult audience. The Resume Trick website is not intended for use by children under the age of 18. You represent and warrant that you have the legal capacity to bind yourself to the terms of this Agreement (i.e., that you are of mature age, have sufficient mental capacity and are legally entitled to be bound by the terms of this Agreement).
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All material on the Site is owned by us unless otherwise stated. All content on the Site is our property or under our control or licence and is protected by copyright, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights ("Intellectual Property Rights"). "Content" includes, but not limited to, source code, databases, functionality, software, trademarks, trade names, characters, logos, resume designs, audio, video, text, photographs and graphics.
Except as set out in these Terms and Conditions or as otherwise expressly permitted in writing, no part of the Site or the Services and no Content may be:
- publicly disclosed;
- or in any other way exploited for commercial purposes of any kind.
Provided that you are eligible to use the Site, you are granted a limited license to access and use the Site and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the Site, and the Content.
Site usernames and passwords are for individual use only. You are responsible for keeping your login name and password confidential. In order to protect your personal information from accidental loss and unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure, Resume Trick has implemented commercially reasonable technical and organisational measures. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorised third parties cannot defeat these measures or use your personal information for improper purposes.
Registration requires a valid email address. We ask that you keep your personal details up to date so that we can provide a smooth and efficient service. You will be able to upload documents as part of the process of creating your resume or cover letter once you have registered. For as long as your account is open, these documents will be stored in your account.
You warrant that:
- All registration information is truthful, accurate, up-to-date and complete.
- You will keep this information accurate and update it promptly where required.
- You will not attempt to access the Site through any automated or non-human means, whether through a bot, script or any other means.
- If you provide any information which we know to be untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate you account and refuse all or any current or future use of the Site.
USER PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES
The Platform may not be accessed or used for any purpose other than that for which we make it available. Except as expressly endorsed or approved by us, the Platform may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavour.
As a user of the Site, you agree not to:
- Sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
- Share login details so that more than one user shares a login.
- Have double or shared accounts.
- Advertise or offer goods or services on the Site.
- Attempt to impersonate any other user or person, or to use the user name of any other user.
- Trick, defraud, or mislead us or other users, especially by attempting to obtain sensitive account information such as user passwords.
- Submit false reports of abuse or misconduct or make improper use of our support services.
- Harass, abuse, intimidate, threaten or harm another person using any information obtained from the Website.
- Remove any copyright or other proprietary notices on any material.
- Bypass, disable or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Website, including features that (a) prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content; (b) impose restrictions on the use of the Website and/or the Content contained therein; or (c) prevent or restrict access to any portion of the Website.
- Copy, adapt, decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the service that constitutes or in any way forms part of the Website.
- Use any automated means of posting comments or submissions, including data mining, robots, or similar data collection and extraction tools.
- Systematically collect data or other content from the Website without our written permission.
- Make any unauthorised use of the Website, including the collection of user names and/or e-mail addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited e-mail or the creation of user accounts by automated means or under false pretences.
- Falsely imply a relationship with us or another company with which you do not have a relationship.
- Interfering, disrupting or unduly burdening the Website or any network or service connected to the Website.
- Upload or transmit any viruses, Trojans or any other content which may interfere with the proper use and enjoyment of the Platform by all parties or which may modify, interfere with, interrupt, change or disrupt the use, characteristics, functionality, service or maintenance of the Platform.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or transmit) any material that functions as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including, without limitation, clear gifs, 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies or other similar files (sometimes referred to as "spyware" or "passive collection mechanisms" or "pcms").
- Use, launch, develop or distribute any automated system, including, without limitation, spiders, robots, cheat programs, scrapers or offline readers that access the Website, other than as a result of using a standard search engine or Internet browser, or use or launch any unauthorised script or other software.
- Defame, denigrate or otherwise harm us and/or the Website in our sole discretion.
- Use the Website in a way that does not comply with any applicable law or regulation.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion and without notice, to change, modify or remove the content of the Service at any time and for any reason. However, we are not obliged to update any of the information we provide on the Service. We also reserve the right to modify or suspend the Service, in whole or in part, with or without notice. We will not be liable to you or to any third party for modifying, changing prices, suspending or discontinuing the Service.
LINKS TO OTHER SOFTWARE/WEBSITES/SERVICES
Resume Trick may contain links to third party software, web sites or services that are not under the ownership or control of Service. These sites may contain information about job vacancies, candidates or material which some individuals may consider unsuitable or objectionable. Resume Trick does not control and is not responsible for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party software, websites or services. Including such a link does not imply that Resume Trick endorses or associates itself with the site. We make no assurances or guarantees as to the security of any information (including but not limited to credit card and other personal information) that you are requested to provide to any third party, and you irrevocably relinquish any claim against us in respect of such websites. It is your responsibility to exercise caution before disclosing sensitive information, such as social security numbers or financial information, and to conduct all necessary and appropriate research before proceeding.
In addition, the rules, policies and guidelines of any proprietary online service (such as Google Sign-in, Facebook Sign-in) apply to any area of our site that is accessed through that proprietary online service.
These Terms and your use of the Website are governed by and construed according to the laws of Cyprus and the European Union, without regard to conflicts of law principles.
In the event of Force Majeure, we will not be obliged to perform any of our obligations, including any statutory and/or agreed warranty obligations. In addition, in the event of a force majeure situation, we shall not be liable for any loss suffered by you. Force majeure on our part includes, but is not limited to a) suppliers upon whom we depend failing to perform their obligations; b) defective goods, equipment, software or materials supplied by third parties; c) epidemics and pandemics; d) if our network is disrupted for reasons beyond our control, including but not limited to a cyber-attack or (D)DoS attacks of any form or failure of Internet traffic, hardware or software problems or any other external cause; e) maintenance of the Service resulting in interruptions, delays or errors; f) governmental actions including financial regulation and legislation; g) strikes, forced closures, riots and any other form of disruption and/or hindrance caused by third parties which prevents us from performing; h) sickness of one or more of our employees who are difficult to replace; i) power failure, failure of the internet or any other external cause which prevents us from performing our services; j) the failure of a third party to perform our obligations to you; or k) the failure of a third party to perform our obligations to you; i) a power failure, a failure of the internet, data network or telecommunications facilities; or j) any other cause which is beyond our reasonable control.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICE AND ALL THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, AND OTHER CONTENT IN THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, PROVIDER AND ANY SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATED COMPANIES OF THE PROVIDER (“PROVIDER GROUP”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EXPRESS IMPLIED OR COLLATERAL, RELATED TO THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE PROVIDER GROUP DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SERVICE OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THE SERVICE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THE PROVIDER GROUP DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR CONDITIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIAL, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, SERVICES OR OTHER CONTENT ON THE SERVICE OR ANY WEB SERVICES LINKED TO THE SERVICE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. THE PROVIDER GROUP MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS THAT YOUR USE OF SERVICE, OR THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, OR OTHER CONTENT IN THE SERVICE OR ANY WEB SERVICE WILL NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS AND THE PROVIDER GROUP ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN SUCH MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, OR OTHER CONTENT OF THE SERVICE OR ANY OTHER WEB SERVICE.
IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS WILL APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
IF YOU ARE ACCESSING THE SERVICE FROM THE EUROPEAN UNION OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS THAT TO DO NOT RECOGNIZE DISCLAIMERS OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF EITHER PARTY OR THEIR SERVANTS, AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THE PROVIDER GROUP DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE (DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHERWISE) RESULTING FROM ANY USE OR MISUSE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR ANY OTHER WEB SITE, OR THE MATERIAL, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, SERVICES OR OTHER CONTENT ON THE SITE OR ANY OTHER WEB SITE, REGARDLESS OF THE BASIS UPON WHICH LIABILITY IS CLAIMED AND EVEN IF ANY MEMBER OF THE PROVIDER GROUP HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. WITHOUT LIMITATION, YOU (AND NOT ANY MEMBER OF THE PROVIDER GROUP) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION IN THE EVENT OF ANY SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING.
IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW ALL OR ANY PART OF THE ABOVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY TO APPLY TO YOU, THE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
Please contact us at email@example.com to resolve a complaint about the Service or for further information about using the Service.